Show us Your Saffron Stuff!
This warms my heart.
In preparation for an upcoming Saffron Cross event, hostess Sheryl Scrimsher crafted this quiz for the guests! Thanks, Sheryl!
There is truly no better feeling as a writer than to see folks be excited about this story.
Take the quiz, share, and let us know how you do in the comments! Happy weekend, y’all.
SHOW US YOUR SAFFRON STUFF!!
If you’ve already read Dana’s book, answer these questions and win a prize for your table!
1. What 2 things did Dana miss most on her honeymoon?
2. Where did Dana and Fred go for their honeymoon?
3. What feat (Hindu-style) does Fred perform in the bathroom?
4. Dana arose, on her honeymoon, at ____am to meditate. Circle the statement below that accurately describes her meditative experience:
a. ethereal and comfy (‘cuz California was having a heat wave)
b. dark, cold, sitting on a hard stone floor
c. a small group “split” and “meditated” together at Starbucks
5. What sport is Dana addicted to watching on TV?
6. Devout Hindus reflect on how particular foods affect our minds when we eat it. The Bhagavad Gita categorizes food into 3 categories. Circle them in the line below:
intelligence energy ignorance flatulence goodness passion
7. Fred has endearing names for Dana. Circle below the one that appeared in Dana’s book.
“my little grasshopper” “poopsy-woopsy” “kitten”
8. Early in their marriage, Fred and Dana joined a class at Binkley that was called the _________________________________.
9. A CULTURE CLASH IN CALIFORNIA: Riding down the mountain through Redwood Park, Dana wanted to befriend her escorts, the monks [the VEGETARIAN monks]. She asked them if they’d ever heard of. . .
fatback grits Chapel Hill toffee Carolina BBQ
10. Who published Dana’s book?_____________________________
11. When Fred proposed (on his knees!), he opened a box and
showed Dana her ring, what did she say?