We’re Launched: Saffron Cross is Released!
Last Wednesday’s book launch at Binkley Baptist Church was the highlight of our busy week! Friends from near and far gathered to celebrate the “birth” of this interfaith love story, and we couldn’t be more grateful for their support. Special thanks to Upper Room Books, who sponsored the event and sent my editor Joanna Bradley to celebrate along with us. It was especially awesome sharing these moments with Joanna, because it takes a village to write a book.
Saffron Cross had a phenomenal opening week—thanks to you all!
Be sure to check out what folks are saying about the book, including this “Good Things” segment from WRAL’s Bill Leslie!
If you’ve read the book, and it meant something to you, would you consider sharing your impressions on Amazon (it can be two sentences—or twenty!).
Three Things to Look For This Week:
1. The Saffron Cross Book Tour Continues: We’ll see you this Monday, October 7th at Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill. We have two additional NC readings in Durham and Louisburg, and then we’re off to Nashville and Jackson, Mississippi for events. Would you like to schedule an event in your city? Email me.
3. Read these! Folks are sharing their thoughts on how a Baptist minister ended up married to a Hindu monk. Check them out:
- Jana Riess via Religion News Service: So I Married a Hindu: Q&A About Saffron Cross
- The Harmonist: Saffron Cross Review
- Susan Katz Miller: Successful Hindu and Christian Marriage: Saffron Cross
- Publisher’s Weekly: Interfaith Marriage and Parenting: The Guidebooks
- Rev. Elizabeth Evans Hagan: A Book You Should Be Excited About
- Rev. MaryAnn McKibben Dana: Stuff You Should Read
Thanks, as always for your support. I’m looking forward to sharing more of the “inside scoop” on what it’s meant for me as an artist to birth this book. More on that in the near future. For now, book tour events await! We’ll see you soon!